Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Been a while

Sorry to all of you who were just waiting for me to write.... Not having a REAl computer has been difficult. My lack of facebook has still been going good. I do have a confession to make. I did hve to get on there today and post some information for some of the groups I am in... but i did  browse who was on or what anyone said. But I was def. tempted too haha.

 I am not really sure I miss facebook that much, however I am now starting to feel a little bit out of the loop on what is happening around me.. missing out on things... like events, parties etc... just because I am only invited by means of Facebook rather then an email or paper invite. haha. The OLD fashion way. But on the other side of that I do have some really good friends who don't think I am being completely silly  and have been keeping in touch with me via emails making sure I am not left out of the "social" circle. So thank you for that hehe!!

Something that I have recently started not to do is replace my "first thoughts" that would normall go on facebook to a what I was calling a "texting buddy"... Facebook had me programed to be ale to think a thought and share it in the here and now. Well when I was off facebook I was texting friends what I may say on FB which i think is even more silly then facebook.  One of the things I've learned about NOT being on FB is that there is aw hole lot more personally conversation happening... I can get together with a group and actually say "NOPE I didn't know that... tell me more" or I am sorry that happened and actually really talk about it with others... even crying or laughing showing real emotion something that FB hides.

I think by not sharing those "first thoughts" you  leave room for better  conversation later and you find out what is really more important to share. If you forget to tell someone a little piece of information well then maybe you weren't meant to share it in the first place??

I've enjoyed my break and I have lots to say and I'll try and get back on my blog more consistanly. The rest of Oct.

1 comment: