Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2

Really only two days... its seems a lot longer then that..... Although I've been super busy, I still have the need to want to post things on my mind... instead I have to find someone to tell them too. I had plenty of facebook moments today. One involving Mountain Dew and a Car battery... you'll have to ask me when you see me what that is all about.


I think that the begining of facebook was to help create a simple way to connect and communicate with others instead I found it to be more and more complicated.... easy to post yes but harder to get people to understand where you are coming from or harder to understand exactly what others were trying to get across.

Some things from today... COUPONING another unnecessary addiction I tried. A lot of coupons you have to get a online or via facebook . I subscribed to a couple blogs and fbs pages and was constantly getting the latest "sign up for a free__________"  yes I love free stuff and I would love to sit in front of the computer getting lots of free stuff all day but I can't it's not worth my time..... Jesse and I by no means make very much... and I continue to learn that I only know a couple people who make less then us.... but even though we may not make very much... and free stuff is great... God has given us what we need and has provided us with what we need.. I am all about saving money... but I am beginning to believe that my time is worth even more...  So if I miss a deal by not having Facebook I guess I will have to miss it for the time being... ( i DO STILL COUPON and I appreciate honestly all the coupons that are given to me especially for Natalie's silk) I just can't sit in front of FB looking and waiting for the next free item :o)

2nd thing from today was complex verus simple... in church today I learned that some of the prophet set up 12 old ugly boring stones to remind them of all God has provided for them... I mean how much more simple can you get... I think sometimes we want to get flashiey , recognized or make sure that we are noticed... I think FB is just another way to get noticed. Our status' help us get noticed by others.   How do I want to be remember?? A drama mama, gossip queen, hurtful and hated, ??? None of those really seem to be inspiring... but I think i'd want to be known as ordinary.... just like 12 ordinary stones had such GREAT significance back in the day of BIG HUGE things that God had done for his people.
 How do you want to be known??


These are my personal reflections from my own life. I am not judging anyone else and I am not a FB hater nor do I think anything different of my friends who are still on FB.... Blogging is also new to me and it's kind of neat to get my thoughts out there.

3 comments:

  1. How do I want to be known??? Hmmmmm Let me think on that one.
    Had two people ask me "Did you see the puppy's on facebook today????" I sure was tempted to come home and go straight to fb and go look. hehhe
    I wonder if I'm really missing out on something important, I wonder if anyone misses me on fb, I wonder if I'm missing out on any sales, I wonder if anyone noticed that I'm not on fb,
    I wonder what I did before I did facebook. I do remember I use to love writing letter to my friends and family.

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be waiting for my Letter Mia!! haha... So its been a few days since i've been off, and I've noticed that I've definitely used my phone a lot more, whether that be texting, or actually talking. It is funny when things happen, and your automatic response is to "facebook" it. Now instead I just have to text my closest friends and tell them what happened. It made me realize that when we are intentional about telling certain people something, they might relate to, it makes that friendship strong, cause they didnt find out in a crowd with everyone else, but you specifically told them. I'm enjoying having time to really connect with people. So far its been nice. getting rid of facebook as been a nice way to Simplify life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so busy this week, I have not missed Facebook at all. but the weekend is coming up, so it might get to me.

    Mia

    ReplyDelete