Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It dawned on me....

The other day I was weeding, cleaning, playing games, and reading with David... getting laundry done and my house has been somewhat clean which always makes me in a much better mood. If the house is dirty I get grumpy. As I was  pulling weeds I was thinking about all that I had accomplished.. Jesse and I have had lots of free time in the evenings as well which we are using for games, BBQing, talking etc... After being excited about all this free time I was wondering why I had this free time... Oh DUH REALLY??? It was FB i had been filling that much time on the computer checking up on what OTHER people are doing... I guess so....

There are things in life that keep us from doing or being with important people or things that we miss it and we can never get that time back. And we would only live with the biggest of regrets... Jesse repeatedly told me I needed a break from FB and I constantly argued that I was not on there as much as anyone thought I was.. It was only when I agreed and felt the need to give it up for while did I realize and finally see the BAD effects of it....

Now I know you can look and say Really Julie it's just FB... well yes you  may be right it's only FB....  but what else do we say 'well it's only.... a few cigarettes a day, a few drinks, it's only money, I only go party sometimes.. play video games a little bit.... For me it was a small step to get off FB to realize what I was spending my time one... Something I really don't NEED in my life...

What is taking your life away.... my real life right here in front of me was disapearing and I refursed to see it.  There are things in your life that are keeping you from seeing reality the here and now and its not until you accept it and see it and be willing to give it up for a while that you can really see the effects on your family or other people that are important to you... It's not just FB....

Something to think about... I know I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment