Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 not sure what the difference was today..I dont think its really hit me yet. It takes time to get a new habit down...

The biggest change I had was waking up and not letting the first comment on FB drive my day. I had no idea what anyone else was doing today. Now that may not sound like a very postitve thing to say and seems very careless, but from this perspective I did not have to think about what everyone else was doing...going..complaints about the day etc...

as far as my day goes i spent more time doing laundry haha. i went to bed by 930 and had the best sleep ive had in a while until 2am when joshua woke me up. i will find the not being on FB will allow me more time for importants things...


my ending thought for the evening came from a discussion from our marriage group...we are in an agreement that social media has changed and maybe not for the better kind of ruining relationships on n umerous levels and most the time we dont even know it. yet social media outlets are a choice we choose to participate in.... we don have a choice to conform or not to conform lol...

btw   i am not by any means trying to cut down facebook or any other social media outlet. i am just using my blod as a personal reflection on where I am at personally

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Julie, I am enjoying reading about your Journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I'm not on Facebook, I do catch my self doing other things on my computer. So I'm not sure if it's doing me good yet...hahaha, but it's only been 2 days, there still time to do better things with my time. I have a busy week ahead of me, so I don't think I'll be surfing too much this week anyways.
    I do enjoy reading your thoughts.

    Your friend Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed not having facebook the past few days. I have the facebook app on my phone so I was CONSTANTLY checking it. Everytime I would get a notification, it beeps on my phone. So even if I was spending time with my kids, I would do facebook during that time as well. I have accomplished quite a bit at home this past week and also am thankful to have the break for the upcoming week, which will be crazy busy, and I can't afford to waste that time.

    ReplyDelete